Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 04:33:58AM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> [Oh, gosh, I just had a fun thought. I've seen some lamer routers
> which are so brain dead as to actually route .de -> .de (same city
> sometimes even) via the US; what happens when a .de citizen uploads
> via one of these lame routers to nonus.debian.org?  Aren't the people
> routing the ``munitions'' technically breaking US law?]

Yeah, probably.

Granted, if someone tried to prosicute in such a case the owners of the
router, well...  It'd not be pretty and the crypto regs would not survive
the attack from the collective force of the US backbones who WOULD feel (and
rightly so) threatened by this stupidity.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.