Re: Questions on packaging.

Alexander Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 15 November 1998 14:20:49 -0500, Mitch Blevins wrote:
> > I should follow up that I downloaded and looked at Diablo
> > (but did not compile because I don't have xmake).
>
> dists/slink/main/binary-i386/devel/xmake_1.05-1.deb ,-)
>
> > Looking at the XMakefile.inc, it appears that the author specifically
> > disabled dynamic linking for GNU systems, but not for others.
>
> I found it.
> .set LSTATIC    -static
>
> I removed it and it now shows a dependency on libc6 and lintian is happy.

 I would not trust it to work correctly unless you also add the flag
 -fPIC in the CFLAGS section of the same file.

 Also, because the author specifically disabled it, I would test it
 thoroughly unless he has some trivial reason for disabling it.

--
This .sig space available for lease.  Please contact:
Mitch Blevins | mitch_blevins@mindspring.com