Re: Abolish antisexism rules! Long live the equivalence of people!

Oliver Elphick writes:
> Remind me never to read Feynman.  Such writing is bad English; it reads
> awkwardly.  If you see "she" in a text, you expect that pronoun to refer
> to a specific woman who has been mentioned previously,....

And in Feyman's books it does.  It is just that the specific individual
mentioned previously is just likely to have been a woman as a man.  It
reads quite smoothly.

> Politically correct speech or writing just makes its author look foolish.

I agree.  I was merely offering Feynman's technique as an alternative to
the extremely ugly and awkward practice of blindly substituting 'person'
for 'man'.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)