Re: Unmet dependencies in slink

Steve Lamb <morpheus@teleute.ml.org> writes:

>     Agreed.  Yes, urlgrabber(?) recommends ncftp...  But I use lftp, quit
> bugging me about it.  ;)
>
>     Would it be possible to have it prompt for recommendations only if the
> package is not already installed?

The problem is that many maintainers use recommend when they
shouldn't.  "The Recommends field should list packages that would be
found together with this one in all but unusual installations."  I
expect that most recommendations should probably be suggestions.

You should definitely file a bug for urlgrabber.  I'm not sure that
should even suggest ncftp.  (Is it "more useful" with it?)

Guy