Re: Abolish antisexism rules! Long live the equivalence of people!

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 09:07:35PM -0600, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Or do as Feynman did in his textbooks: randomly switch back and forth
> between 'he' and 'she'.

Nah, 'he' and 'she' are good ways of keeping track of references.  I
wish we had a way of using pronouns when describing a conversation
between a man and a woman, in Finnish.

> BTW, the phrases "man as a gender" and "her gender" have no meaning.

Yes they have meaning - it's quite clear you understood my intention
:-) though my use of words was not correct.

> The phrases you want are "male as a sex" and "her sex".  Words have
> gender.  people have sex.

I bet words have small words after having been careless while having
gender... ok, I'll shut up and stand corrected, thanks.  And go to
sleep, its six in the morning and I haven't yet slept a bit.

	Antti-Juhani
--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho A7 <gaia@iki.fi> ** <URL:http://www.iki.fi/gaia/> **

                       The FAQ is your friend.