Re: Unmet dependencies in slink

On 1998/11/14, "Davide G. M. Salvetti" wrote:
> ***** MS => Martin Schulze
>
> MS> Unmet recommendation: mailcrypt
>
> I think we could move mailcrypt to main.  It's GPL'd code, and it
> doesn't depend only on pgp anymore, since it has been recently
> enhanced to support gpg.
>
> Whoever has something to say, say it now: unless major objections,
> next mailcrypt upload will go to main.
>
> I'll change it to `Depends: gnupg, emacs19|emacs20' and add `Suggests:
> pgp'.
>
> (I guess I'll also test it with gnupg before uploading :-)

A package which depends on or recommends gnupg still can't go into main
because gnupg isn't in main, but in non-US.  Debian policy section 2.1.3:

     Examples of packages which would be included in "contrib" are
        * free packages which require "contrib", "non-free", or "non-US"
          packages or packages which are not in our archive at all for
          compilation or execution,

Ruud de Rooij.
--
Ruud de Rooij