Re: Debian New Maintainer Guide 0.1

Lyno Sullivan wrote:
> At 03:21 PM 11/14/98 +0100, Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Take a look at http://www.debian.org/~joy/
>
> You do good work.  You answered a whole lot of questions I have.  I do not
> know enough to give you any concrete feedback.  But let me tell you that
> you have done a superb job on lowering the barriers, that have perplexed me
> for months.  I am almost ready to put my little toe in, to test the water.
> Not quite yet, I am still too chicken, but I feel like the day to take the
> plunge just moved into the next couple months, where before I thought it
> would be months away.

 I would suggest that you take the necessary steps to submit your
 application now, as approval of new maintainers appears to be backed
 up by at least 1-2 months. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

 If you know now that you are willing to put in the time/effort required,
 then you have plenty of time to learn the details of packaging.

 -Mitch

--
This .sig space available for lease.  Please contact:
Mitch Blevins | mitch_blevins@mindspring.com