Re: latest modutils problem? (more info)

On 14-Nov-98, 11:17 (CST), Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org> wrote:
>     /etc/conf.modules didn't include my local mods (ethernet card
>     address, in particular).

In my effort to get back to normal, I did a 'dpkg -purge modutils'
(which deleted /etc/conf.modutils, of course) and then reinstalled.
After the install, there was still no /etc/conf.modutils. That's because
the postinst handles the upgrade situation pretty nicely, but doesn't
deal with the fresh install -- update-modules is never called. This
would seem to be a bug, any opposing opinions? (Seriously -- I may
not understand the full implications...)

Steve