Re: intent to package loadwatch

--On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 10:59 am -0500 "Dale E. Martin"
<dmartin@clifton-labs.com> wrote:

> "Jules Bean" <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> sounds quite useful.   But doesn't setting a CPU limit with rlimit and
>> friends do essentially the same job?
>>
>> Jules
>
> I'm not familiar with rlimit, actually.  Where can I get info on it?

Well, man setrlimit will give you the lowdown on how it works, at a low
level.

The manual page of your favourite shell will explain how to use it (most
shells have a 'ulimit' command).

On consideration, however, it isn't as useful as loadwatch.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |