Re: Creating Packages with DebHelper

In article <[🔎] m0zdwRS-000IioC@polya>, jdg@maths.qmw.ac.uk (Julian Gilbey) writes:
> I am in the process of trying to package my first Debian package --
> a simple one called CWEB.  I'm reading the debhelper docs, the
> HOWTO.cvs (which doesn't seem to be quite accurate any more as root
> no longer seems to be able to cvs commit files),

You mean the documentation that comes with cvs-buildpackage ?  I don't
think it advocates doing cvs commits as root.  I never do anything as
root,  in fact (I use fakeroot).

> the Debian
> Packaging manual, the New Maintainer Debian Packaging HOWTO, the....

Remember to read the Developer's Reference, for all things
developer-related that are not related to actual technical packaging
work. ;)