Re: Creating Packages with DebHelper

> Hi everyone...  In my never-ending quest to package up the Gnome
> CVS, I recently remembered that debmake is depricated as of slink,
> however, there is no package creation tutorial for using DebHelper.
>
> I was wondering if anything like this exists, or if it is in the
> making.  I dont consider myself to be a good packager, as I was just
> flying by the seat of my pants during the recent attempts.
>
> What I want is either good tutorials on DebHelper, or some really
> good documentation.  If I can get ahold of some documentation, and a
> few people to bug with questions, I wouldn't mind writing the new
> tutorial myself, but I need to know how to do it first!

I am in the process of trying to package my first Debian package -- a
simple one called CWEB.  I'm reading the debhelper docs, the HOWTO.cvs
(which doesn't seem to be quite accurate any more as root no longer
seems to be able to cvs commit files), the Debian Packaging manual,
the New Maintainer Debian Packaging HOWTO, the....

I would be more than happy to help in a project to make new
developers' learning simpler than mine was.

   Julian

            Julian Gilbey             Email: J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
       Dept of Mathematical Sciences, Queen Mary & Westfield College,
                  Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, ENGLAND
      -*- Finger jdg@goedel.maths.qmw.ac.uk for my PGP public key. -*-