Re: Firewall on kernel ...

On Wed 11 Nov 1998, Nuno Carvalho wrote:

>  I'm using kernel 2.0.35 and trying to use ipfwadm !

You forgot to mention here that you are not using the vanilla 2.0.35
kernel, you have installed the CVS version of the ISDN drivers.  If
you use the CVS version of the ISDN kernel drivers, you also need the
CVS version of the utilities package; these two packages go hand in
hand.

>  It says something like: dial suppressed: connection stopped!

You need the updated isdnctrl utility where you can say:

	isdnctrl status ippp0 on

If you are using a more recent version of the CVS stuff, use

	isdnctrl dialmode ippp0 auto

as dialmode is the successor to status.

>  At this moment i'm not still using any ipfwadm option !

This doesn't have anything to do with the ISDN stuff.
Besides, the standard debian kernels have all the facilities
available for ipfwadm, so you don't need to build your own kernel...

> BTW: is there any patch to apply on kernel 2.0.35 to use ipchains !?

No, that's a 2.1.xxx feature.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org