Re: packaging PARI?

> Hm, could you check the tarball and see what the copyright says?

The sources to pari-1.39 in bo did indeed have a somewhat vague copyright (it
was aimed at the academic community, not the big bad world of the commercial
internet!)

The current version (2.0) has a copyright notice that allows for free
distribution of only unmodified source, only for non-commercial use.  That
should be sufficient for inclusion in non-free, no?

> Could you also check with the last maintainer (if still reachable)?

The maintainer of the Debian package in bo is given as:

	Maintainer: Debian QA Group <debian-qa@lists.debian.org>

Bug reports listed in the debian-qa archives indicate Pari was removed from
Hamm, because it isn't "DFSG free".

--
David Zelinsky
dsz@alumni.caltech.edu