Re: ported packages, where to send them?

--On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 5:42 pm -0500 "Ben Collins" <bmc@goodguy.dyn.ml.org>
wrote:

> I have several packages from potato that I have compiled for sparc from
> the debian sources/diffs since they were not already available, things
> like exim, libpcre, and a few more. I am not a maintainer yet (waiting for
> that special call :) so I'm wondering if there is any way they could make
> it into the dist, seeing as I doubt that the maintainers would want to
> upload binaries from some one that isn't checked out yet. I can do a few
> more packages if needed (sorry but this SS1 ust wont handle too much tho).
> Should I just wait till i'm a maintainer and do a non-maintainer upload?

A common approach is simply to stick them on a website or FTP server which
you have access to, and announce them to the list concerned (debian-sparc,
in this case).

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |