Re: libgtk1.1

On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 10:44:50PM +0800, Andrew Howell wrote:
> Why can't we just say 1.1.2 is in slink and all slink stuff should be
> compiled against it.
>
> And 1.1.3 or above is in potato and all stuff in it should be compiled
> against it.

No problem with that. But it by no means solves the problem.

> I've little sympathy for people hit by this library problem seeing slink
> is frozen and should be getting tested, unstable doesn't need testing :)

Sorry, but I do not understand that at all. Do you want to say there is no
reason to use unstable so why worrying? I have two packages that use gtk1.1
one in slink one only in potato. So what do I install? I cannot even say go
with 1.1.3 as that breaks other stuff so I lack a running Gnome system.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Leiter Niederlassung West, Datenrevision GmbH
business: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg