Re: Intent to package: buildd, sbuild, wanna-build

Adam Di Carlo <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:

> After you get that done, the next step is to a do a
> 'distributed.net' style master/slave wanna-build network.

Well we already have a small one for m68k; kullervo is the master
(running wanna-build); kullervo and cookie-monsters are running build
daemons (full time slaves), humans (usually with more powerful
machines than kullervo or cookie-monster) act as part time slaves.
buildd && friends are scalable out of the box.

> Hell, then we could port almost as fast as the maintainers could
> upload!

Even m68k with it's two dog-slow 030's could do that already; the
problem isn't packages which build successfully (any more), it's all
the ones that don't.

--
James