Re: Debian Mirrors

"James" == James A Treacy <treacy@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 08, 1998 at 03:04:49AM -0000, Robert Woodcock wrote:
>>  Stuff to read: http://www.debian.org/mirror
>>
> It's amazing how that link is getting spread around. I only created
> the directory last week and was hoping to wait until a few changes
> were done before finishing the pages so people wouldn't have to make
> changes in a few weeks.

Hey, well, you were the one that pushed it around, James! ;)

Anyhow, I hear from James that the official link is
http://www.debian.org/devel/mirror.  Look for the new "Debian Mirrors"
section in the developers reference.  However, this (older) page
doesn't hype rsync and push mirroring enough; the new page is better
in this respect.

> I simply ask that you don't file bugs against any information in
> there

Heh, I was the guilty party there.

Also, it seems pretty obvious that we need to setup a debian-mirrors
or debian-mirror-announce list?  Let's try to make it easier for
mirror maintainers...