Re: Policy for /usr/doc/<pkg-name>-doc

Steve Lamb <morpheus@teleute.ml.org> writes:

>     As otherwise mentioned having <package-doc> link to <package> and have
> the documentation as a subdirectory is quite nice.

But what about the copyright file of the -doc package?  If you use the
symlink approach, then there you've got a namespace collision between
/usr/doc/package-doc/copyright and /usr/doc/package/copyright.  If you
just leave the copyright file out of the -doc package, that's a no-no
-- at least when the -doc package is standalone.

I think it's fine for the -doc package to put the package docs in
/usr/doc/package/, but I think that /usr/doc/package-doc needs to be
separate so it can contain the -doc package specific changelog and
copyright files.