Re: APT 0.1.9 (yes, 0.1.9!) is released!

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 02:04:02AM -0500, Steve Dunham wrote:
> BTW, if anyone is looking for ideas: a command line program to query
> the available cache would be a nice addition, something that can list
> package names with Versions and Short Descriptions, and provide
> complete records for individual packages.  Like "dpkg -l" and "dpkg
> -s" except for uninstalled packages.  (Unfortunately "dpkg -l *"
> doesn't list the versions or descriptions of uninstalled packages.)

$ dpkg -l afterstep | grep afterstep
pn  afterstep       <none>         (no description available)

$ dpkg --print-avail afterstep
Package: afterstep
Section: x11
Installed-Size: 2593
Maintainer: Jonathon D. Nelson <nels0988@tc.umn.edu>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.4.5.3-1
Depends: libc6, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), xpm4g (>= 3.4j-0)
Suggests: xloadimage
Filename: dists/stable/main/binary-i386/x11/afterstep_1.4.5.3-1.deb
Size: 836960
MD5sum: 9b20fcc7c74bd5253555770eacf7751f
 AfterStep is a window manager based on FVWM which attempts to emulate
 the NEXTSTEP look and feel, while retaining the configurability of its
 predecessor.  Note that this window manager makes extensive use of the
 color palette.  If you have only an 8-bit color display, it will run
 as packaged, but you may want to modify the configuration to use fewer
 colors.
 .
 AfterStep is a continuation of the BowMan window manager project, but
 the name was changed to reflect the desire that it do more than
 simply emulate and become a valuable window manager in its own right.

Good enough?

Cheers,
aj