Re: splitting packages - Huston, we have a problem.

ian>This is one intended purpose of Replaces.  Surely the new packages
ian>declare Replaces on the old ones ?  It's definitely on the wishlist
ian>for dselect to automatically select package A if a new version of it
ian>or new package of it appears which Replaces an existing and installed
	I updated a friend's computer via apt. I forgot to hold the X
packages, and I ran into these problems.  I had to get startx and xterm
and xauth and others from various packages.  It took a while.  I was
surprised that Replaces didn't take care of it. But it was probably a
complicated change.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>