Re: Call for lawyers: GPL Intelectual property protection

    Ben> No, read the second paragraph of that clause again:

Actually maybe you should too.

    Ben>    The previous paragraph of this Agreement does not apply to
    Ben> any invention for which no equipment, supplies, facility, or
    Ben> trade secret information of the Company or Client was used
    Ben> and which was developed entirely on Employee's own time, and
    Ben> (a) which does not relate to the business of the Company or
    Ben> Client or to the Company's or Client's actual or demonstrably
    Ben> anticipated research or development, or (b) which does not
    Ben> result from any work performed for the Company or Client.

section (a) is a weasel clause it would be very hard to avoid given
the breadth of Micrsoft's development efforts.  Possibly, if not
working on x86/alpha/WinCE platforms it could be dodged but...

    Ben> If he's careful not to do development on Microsoft's machines
    Ben> or on Microsoft's time, he should be okay.  -- SIGSIGV:
    Ben> Sigmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't think so.  This is IP red tape that will bind you until death.

IANAL

--
Stephen
---