Re: Documentation for new maintainers

Le Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 03:03:59PM -0500, Shaleh écrivait:

Hi,

> Raphael, this info exists already.  It is on our web site and in debian
> packages.  Rather than wasting effort, why not help make the current documents
> come up to date?

I just had a look to the latest developers-reference doc. OK, a new document
is probably not needed.

But where would you add things like explaining in what consist the process of
maintaining a package ? Where would you put some advice on how to manage
new upstream version of a package ? Where are explained the usual "duties"
of a Debian developer ?

Questions like that came up several times on -mentors and people said some
documentation is lacking.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/