Re: Screen sickness (was: Apt UI design)

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 11:01:05AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> > > Um, I have 24 directly accesible consoles.  left-alt f1-f12, right-alt f1-f12.
> >
> > You have to login to each of those...  I can login to just one and have 10
> > plus the ability to lock them all with 2 keystrokes.  1 if I edit things.
> Nope.  I did say getty's.  there is a thing called open.

I'm finding open doesn't work too well/often..

$ open wvdial
$ open wvdial
$ open -s wvdial
$ open -c 10 wvdial
$ open -s -c 10 wvdial
$ su -c 'open -s -c 10 wvdial'

Guess which one worked?  The others didn't even echo back an error message.
However sometimes they work too.  Sometimes though, they do not.

Show me the code or get out of my way.