Re: Screen sickness (was: Apt UI design)

On Thu, Oct 29, 1998 at 11:01:05AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> > > Um, I have 24 directly accesible consoles.  left-alt f1-f12, right-alt f1-f12.
> >
> > You have to login to each of those...  I can login to just one and have 10
> > plus the ability to lock them all with 2 keystrokes.  1 if I edit things.
>
> Nope.  I did say getty's.  there is a thing called open.

I'm finding open doesn't work too well/often..

$ open wvdial
$ open wvdial
$ open -s wvdial
$ open -c 10 wvdial
$ open -s -c 10 wvdial
$ su -c 'open -s -c 10 wvdial'

Guess which one worked?  The others didn't even echo back an error message.
However sometimes they work too.  Sometimes though, they do not.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.