spice3 status report

I just received an e-mail from the person at GNU who is trying to
get spice3 into some kind of license. Here is his short note:

RMS is still talking to Richard Newton about the licensing terms.
As far as I can tell, the current situation is that the main program
will be released under the GPL. However, the important MOS models,
specifically the BSIM models, will not be because the professor who
controls them refuses to do that. RMS is currently attempting to get
the existing license clarified, because if some ambiguities in the
license are appropriately resolved, it will be a free license.

That's it!

Joop

Please reply to either stakenborg@hyph.azr.nl or pa3aba@debian.org

--