Re: Large-scale debian installation, request help

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 11:16:25PM -0500, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote:
> NFS-root is discussed in appropriate HOWTO and probably solvable by some
> other means.
> I meant a simpler situation - non-root partitions are nfs-mounted. That
> should be fixable by starting dhcpcd before "mount -a" (wherever that
> happens).
>
> Sergey.

I used dhcp-client-beta. I modified the /etc/init.d/network as follows:

  #! /bin/sh
  ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
  route add -net 127.0.0.0

  # use dhcp
  dhclient eth0

I use a modified dhclient-script to get nis, hostname, and static routes from
the dhcp server. I didn't change anything having to do with nfs and the mounts
work fine. dhcp is started just after the kernel (before any other networking)
in the package I installed:

S10sysklogd@     S19nis@          S20ppp@          S30netstd_misc@
S12kerneld@      S20exim@         S20ssh@          S89atd@
S13dhcpc@        S20gpm@          S20xfs@          S89cron@