Re: problems with latest x version in incoming

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Adam J. Klein wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 06:21:08PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Adam J. Klein wrote:
> > > Doh!  That's what I get for checking on things at 1 in the morning.  I'm
> > > sorry.  Thanks for pointing that out.
> >
> > Ok, I'm going to modify debhelper's dh_suidregister so it removes suid bits
> > on all files it registers. This should be a transparent change to users and
> > developers.
>
> Thanks.  Maybe the debmake maintainer should do this also?

The skeleton debian/rules for debmake is like this:

	[...]
        debstd
        dpkg-gencontrol
        chown -R root.root debian/tmp
        chmod -R go=rX debian/tmp
        dpkg --build debian/tmp ..

The suid-registering is done in debstd, but the user is free to add
additional chowns or chmods before the dpkg --build line if he/she wishes.

Thanks.

--
 "00d6e4f54462290e510cedfb9f1c401e" (a truly random sig)