Re: netscape etc

Russell Coker wrote:
> What is the difference between all the different Mozilla type packages?
> There's mozilla, netscape, navigator, and communicator.  The description gives
> no real indication of the differences.

mozilla = Built from the source code that was released by Netscape
(http://www.mozilla.org/)

netscape = ??  I don't know.  IMO we should not have a package by this
name.  Netscape is the name of the company and not the product.  The
product is Netscape Navigator / Communicator.

navigator = stand alone browser (no mail / news) released by Netscape
Communications Corp.

communicator = browser + mail + news etc released by Netscape
Communications Corp.

In many of the above there are sub-flavors like dynMotif (dynamically
liked against motif), static-motif etc.

Thaths
--
   "Aaah!  My hair.  You chopped off my hair!  Oh God, I'm ugly."
                    -- Homer J. Simpson