Re: DONT INSTALL FAKEROOT

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Joey Hess wrote:
joey>I had 2 bugreports filed against debhelper this morning about this -
joey>misfiled, I think, since it looks like fakeroot is the problem. Is this
joey>happenning only with the new version of fakeroot?

	Yes, I built packages last night, and everything was fine.  I did
an apt upgrade today and picked up fakeroot 0.0-14.3 which was uploaded
sometime on Sunday ( I erased the report) and must have been installed
recently.
	At first I thought it was because I am using fakeroot, but I think
it will affect everyone because dpkg thinks that fakeroot provides libc6
when it looks through the .shlibs files.

John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>