Re: wxgtk: Is this free software?

James Troup wrote:
> Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:
>
> > There was no crisis caused because we didn't yank the package first
> > and ask the upstram maintainers later.
>
> What are you talking about?  The package was sitting in Incoming; not
> main.  Your little gloat seems a bit irrelevant to the actual
> circumstances.

There are two packages involved here: wxxt, which is already in main,
and wxgtk, which was a new package uploaded to Incoming.  They have
the same license.  I read the license while checking wxgtk, and
brought it up here, and it's the wxxt license which has now changed.
I guess wxgtk will follow shortly.  (They may be the same package
upstream, I don't know about that.)

Brian Bassett said it was coincidence that the license was brought up
on the wxwindows list at the same time that I brought it up on
debian-devel, but I doubt that :) More likely, someone brought it up
there because it was being discussed here.

Properly, wxxt should now be moved to non-free until it's uploaded
with the license, but no-one has filed a bug for that yet (and I can't
be bothered :).  Brian, how soon do you expect to make a new upload?

Richard Braakman