Re: dselect package?

On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 04:28:45AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > >  Wouldn't it be nice to release Slink with dselect in its own package?
> > >  Many people don't use it at all. And it would ease the migration to apt.

> > No, not yet.
>
>  Why?

Still too many things dselect can do that apt can't.  There's no point in
splitting them and causing many packages to need to be fixed to depend on
dselect instead of dpkg now after we're supposed to be in the freeze already
and all.

For dist after slink, sure..  It's almost time to split them but post-freeze
seems like a bad time considering the number of bugs this would create.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.