Re: Bug Report?! Part II.

Helmut Metzdorf <h-j-m@tap.de> writes:

> stat(XFileName, File_Info);
>
> i think the definitions were ok or the compiler would have
> complained.

> 0x400903e0 in __xstat ()

This is what I get if File_Info is bad, e.g. if I try to pass an
integer instead of a pointer to File_Info.  The compiler will probably
complain, if you compile with -W -Wall.

You should really be checking the return code from stat() too.  What
happens if XFileName doesn't exist?  If this is too much trouble, use
a language like Python, Tcl or bash (with set -e) which will fall over
nicely when you get an error.

        "So, do you steal weapons from the Army often?"
        "Well, we don't get cable, so we have to make our own fun."