Re: root disk

ncm@cantrip.org (Nathan Myers) writes:

> Enrique Zanardi asked about whether it would be useful to have PPP
> on the installation boot disk, for cases where the boot kernel (or
> any kernel) has no access to a floppy drive or CD.  PPP might be
> useful, but I don't know if it would be worth the space.  Almost

Plip cables are rare and some archs can't provide plip. A slip cable
is easy to find and 115200 BAUD (10KB/s) isn't to bad to install
from. No matter if you have plip or slip, its allways a "overnight"
thing to install. I think it should both be present on the disks and
if the space is the problem, use bzip2.

May the Source be with you.