Re: We need easier installation.

On Oct 23, matthew.r.pavlovich.1 wrote:
> Oh, and one more *wish* list idea is to be able to maintain packages on a
> network from one computer.  A master package program so-to-speak.
> Maintain several workstations with identical installations, or vary the
> installations from machine to machine.

Actually, I'm in the process of implementing this.  Or rather, I'm
applying make, perl, cfengine and dpkg/apt to the problem.  The nice
thing is, I have a deadline:  this is part of an undergraduate term
project (i.e., I'm doing it for a grade as much as for the pleasure of
it.)  So I should have something ready before Christmas.