Re: How to change the From: field in bug reports

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Russell Coker wrote:

> It used /etc/mailname last time I did an strace on it...
But this is only a half of the truth, because /etc/mailname
contains only the hostname and will be prepended by the
username and `@`.  It wouldn't help in my case because my
correct E-mail address is a symbolic address in every case
different from the login name.

Global settings can't work for this purpose, because several
users use several addresses.

And, to the other problems of this topic:  I'm really sure
that the user is able to change the "From:" field, because
I'm able to configure this in my .pinerc.  No suid things
should be necessary.

Regards

           Andreas.