Re: GCC on a Pentium running Win95

Debian's gcc compiler does not run under Windoze.  Debian is a Linux
distribution, a free alternative to running anything written by Micro$oft.
There's a bit of a learning curve, but the advantages of a free operating
system with full source code combined with the stability and reliability of
the unix-like platform in addition to Debian package system (which is good
already if you grok computers well and it's getting better and easier all te
time) and many of us think it's worth it.

If you are intersted in this, many of us would be happy to help you get
started.  If you just want a free C compiler, I suggest you look into the
gnu-win32 project, for which I haven't a URL at this time (sorry!)  You
might look into it anyway as it includes many of the GNU tools which you'd
feel more comfortable in Linux if you knew anyway.

I can also suggest a couple very good books for beginners to learn about
Linux and one for Debian GNU/Linux in particular.

(I wish I had a CDR and another 600 megs HD space..  I've got ideas in my
head for a CD-ROM that would help dos/win users get to know Debian better
and all that..  That live filesystem thing for others on the -devel list who
are familiar with the discussion.)

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.