Re: Logo license again

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 03:18:06PM -0700, David Welton wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 1998 at 12:12:58AM +0200, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> > I just found that www.python.org has a license for their "Python Powered"
> > logo. Perhaps we could use this as a template to resolve our logo license
> > problems ?

The text is so short, I quote it here:

"Just van Rossum, hereafter referred to as THE DESIGNER, herewith grants anyone using
 Python (THE USER) the right to use the above shown logo (THE LOGO), containing the
 slogan "Python Powered" (THE SLOGAN), for the sole purpose to promote the Python
 Programming Language (PYTHON) and nothing else. THE DESIGNER claims full copyright of
 THE LOGO excluding THE SLOGAN which was invented by several people at the same time, so
 they should yack it out themselves. Blah blah blah blah. Blah NO WARRANTIES blah blah
 EXPLICIT blah blah blah blah OR IMPLIED blah blah blah. Blah. Blah blah Unlimited
 Redistribution of THE LOGO by THE USER in Unmodified State is Allowed blah blah blah
 blah provided that THE USER does not Charge for THE LOGO or the viewing or transmission
 thereof blah blah blah blah blah blah. By looking at THE LOGO, you agree with this
 LICENSE. If you do not agree with this LICENSE, you had better not looked at THE LOGO."

If we strip the "blah"'s , I'm all for it, the last sentence convinced me.

But then, we should first try to get a permission to use the license...

Marcus