Re: ftp1.us.debian.org and FTP mirrors

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 01:31:58PM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> What about having postinst scan your fqdn and uncomment the right
> entry in the conffile? (And having all the other sites present
> and commented).

Sounds nice to me. However, being in the same country is not necessarily
good enough; ftp.au.debian.org is absolutely shocking from here
(> 3 second pings), but apparently just fine if you're in the same city
or on the other backbone or something. I would be better off using
ftp.de.debian.org for example. On the other hand, mirror.aarnet.edu.au
is just great (< 120ms).

Hamish