How to change the From: field in bug reports

Hello,

I had some problems when reporting bugs when using a box which is
sometimes down (some people here think that W95 is more usable than
Debian :-(().
I hoped to get my correct E-mail address included in the bug report
but setting the EMAIL variable but this fails.

Looking at `man bug' I found the -H option.  Would this do
the job right.  Can anybody give me an example for the correct use
or point me to some more detailed documentation.

It's a little bit hard to "test bug-reports" without confusing
the maintainer of the package :-).

Kind regards

         Andreas.