Re: huge lists

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 08:11:53AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >Their ISP usually.
>
>     Then they should change.  It is that simple.

I'd like to know where you live that you can get shell and PPP on the same
account for any reasonable fee.  You can't do that in the US most of the
time, much less in european countries where there may be only one ISP in the
entire area (divine forces help you if they run NT!)

Living in Northern California, United States I can tell you that most access
is PPP, POP3, dynamic IP, unlimited access*, and if you try to access shell
on the unix-based ISPs you will LOSE your access real fast.  And of course
the NT based ones you can't even access a shell.

No, it's not "that simple" even here.