Re: Another upgrade problem

In article <[🔎] 19981019203040.A3782@usa.net>, Michael Meskes
<meskes@usa.net> writes
>On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 06:42:22PM +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>> Does this not mean that libgtop has been developed to a point
>> where it is no longer backwards compatible so other apps must
>> be recompiled against the new version?
>
>Maybe yes. But the version did not change very much so I wonder how likely
>that is.

Well I for one don't know if the change is necessary, nor how to alter
the source to reverse it (which from the sound of it would completely
break compatibility with non-Debian packages)  :-(

I wasn't the maintainer of the previous version - Jim Pick was as gtop
was part of gnome-utils, IIRC. If you want the old version, he is
probably the one to ask. Are you out there, Jim?

--
Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk
http://www.lynagh.demon.co.uk/

Time - just one damn thing after another.