Re: sensible-xterm?

>> Well, I guess that would be a wrapper with standardized options, as
>> probably all of these programs do not share all of their options...
>
>There's not much need to do that, but it's not unreasonable to do eith=
er.
>If each terminal provided an alternative for sensible-xterm which was =
be
>compatible with "xterm", that would not be too complex a task.
I=B4d like it either way.
>> I guess that now all programs calling xterm should explicitely depen=
>> on the xterm package ...
I don=B4t like that. I want to remove xterm completely. And BTW some pr=
ograms
call xterm but don=B4t rely to haevily on that so that a suggests might=
 be
anough.
>What calls xterm other than the default menus in every wm known in
>existance?  =3D>
For instance gxedit. I assume that there are quite a few X programs tha=
t do
it.
Michael

Dr. Michael Meskes, Senior-Consultant