Re: Bug Report?! Part II.

Previously Helmut Metzdorf wrote:
> i'll tell you: i consider it to be a bug that the system tries to
> cache even pure input files (InPut = fopen(XFileName, "r");) and i
> cant see the rationale behind it,

This is very much a kernel issue. The big problem here is that it is
very hard for the kernel to detect if a file access will be done
only once and should not be cached or if it should be cached. You
could try running a recent development kernel (2.1.125 is quite stable)
and see if that behaves better. I should be much more memory-efficient
in any case.

> 0x400903e0 in __xstat ()

We can't really say anything about this without seeing the code
or a strace-run..

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl