Re: wxgtk: Is this free software?

On Tue, 20 Oct, 1998, john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> Richard Braakman writes:
> > wxgtk has been uploaded to master, but I'm not sure if it is free
> > software.  Its license is a strange derivative of the GPL, and it
> > seems to contradict itself in a number of places.
>
> I think we have to class it as non-free.  Perhaps non-free should have a
> subsection labeled 'incomprehensible'?

Surely the licence is a legal document, if you don't understand it, in this
case because it does not make sense, you should not accept the rights that it
gives you. In short we should do a KDE, refuse to distribute is until they
clean up the licence.

--
a=IO::Socket;perl -M$a -e$a'::INET->new(PeerAddr=>"host:139")->send(1,MSG_OOB)'
						-- winnuke in ONE line