Re: why does python-tk depend on tkstep?

On Mon, Oct 19, 1998 at 10:09:08PM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Shaleh wrote:
>
> shaleh>Subject kinda says it all.  Why does the python-tk package need tkstep?  I know
> shaleh>that when I compiled it by hand this was not a requirement.
>
> 	I saw a message from the maintainer a while go that claimed it was
> a bug in dpkg-shlibdeps ( more likely in tkstep ).  I think the tkstep
> maintainer told him to change the dependency to libtk8 | tkstep, or some
> such.

Hi, I am the maintainer of the tkstep packages and I don't understand
why my package always gets pulled in the dependencies instead of plain tk.
A quick solution is to place "tk8.0 | tkstep8.0" in the deps, but, as
the maintainer of python wrote a couple of days ago, tkstep8.0 provides
tk8.0 and the antumatically generated deps should suffice.
Can some dpkg-shlibdeps guru look into that? I don't understand why this
happens and if that's my foult or dpkg-shlibdeps fault...

Ciao,
Federico