Re: Which PGP?

>> >2.x; we don't accept later stuff.
>>
>> Really?
>> I recently retrieved a lot of PGP5-Debian-Devel keys (signed Mailing-List
>> e-Mails, mainly new Developpers), so I got the impression that PGP5 wasn't
>> officially discouraged.
>>
>> This is obviously a problem, since I'm currently using pgp2.62ui which can't
>> verify pgp 5 keys.
>
>What is the status of gnupg?  Is there a Debian package available?  It is
>shown as 'recommended' by debian-keyring, but doesn't seem to exist.

Gnupg is in hamm and slink.  It has recently undergone a major change making
a change to the format for storing keys (making it a PITA if you want to keep
your old keys).  From reading the g10 mailing list I believe that it has
stabilised a bit and is unlikely to undergo any further radical changes.

--
I'll be in Denver from 30 Oct 1998 to 7 Nov 1998 (or maybe a few days longer).
I'll be in London from ~9 Nov 1998.  I'd like to meet any Linux users or