Re: Removing Gnome [was: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1]

On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 05:29:11PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Whether or not a program sucks or is alpha has never been a criteria for
> inclusion or noninclusion in Debian, as far as I know. Debian evaluates
> only the quality and policy conformance of the *package*, not the
> *packaged program*. Right?

If we're going to slash all the alpha software, geda would have to go to.
It runs but isn't useful, but the people on the gEDA mailing list
tell me they appreciate the .debs and definately want me to keep them in
the main archive.

Hamish