Re: freetype1 is gone from slink, imagemagick still depends on it

On Thu, Oct 15, 1998 at 02:39:05PM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> "Scott K. Ellis" <storm@gate.net> writes:
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 07:14:20PM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> > > I'm a little confused. freetype2-dev conflicts with freetype1 (<=
> > > 1.0.0.1998-03-22-1) yet freetype1 is nowhere to be found in slink,
> > > and the latest version in hamm is 1.0.0.1998-03-22-1.
> > >
> > > What happened to freetype1? imagemagick depends on it still, but it no
> > > longer exists in slink. Should imagemagick be recompiled?
> >
> > freetype1 is still in hamm.  ImageMagick should probably be recompiled, as
> > well as updated to the latest version.  I am however, currently stuck with a
> > modem connection and a slow computer.  If anyone wants to do a NMU (or for
> > that matter, adopt imagemagick), they are welcome to it.
>
> I'll adopt (back) Imagemagick then.
> I used to be the initial packager and maintainer, but I lacked time to
> to work on it for a while. Since I've got more free time now, I'll
> take it back.
>
> Will try to do an upload before the freeze.

Take it with my blessing (there is a seperate source package for the lzw
non-free libraries).  You probably want to update to the latest sources,
there have been several upstream updates.

--
                           |            You are never given a wish
      Scott K. Ellis       |             without also being given
      storm@gate.net       |             the power to make it true.