Re: Closing bugs

On 14 Oct 1998, Ole J. Tetlie wrote:

> Quick question: When two bugs are merged, do I need to close both
> or will one closing close both, and send a message to both the
> submittors?

The documentation for the bug system says:

  [...] When reports are merged
  opening, closing, marking or unmarking as forwarded and
  reassigning any of the bugs to a new package will have an
  identical effect on all of the merged reports.

So if it does not work, it is a bug in the bug system :-)

(Yes, the bug system does also have bugs, in particular X-Debian-Cc does
not work but it is documented, is anyone working on this?)

--
 "290c211429c22878215ef9e74bdc39b7" (a truly random sig)