Re: sendmail logging disappeared

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Thomas Lakofski wrote:
>hmmm, just rebooted for the first time in 20 days and my sendmail daemon
>isn't doing any logging.  no problems in /etc/syslog.conf, and sendmail
>invoked by pine drops logs in the right places.  daemon logs its
>invocation and then goes about its business (correctly), but doesn't log
>anything as far as i can see anywhere.
>
>i'm running slink current as of today.
>
>ideas?

Not an idea, but I had syslogd freeze up on me.  Some parts of it were
working, but it was just blocking when qmail tried to write to the logs.  I
noticed this when I didn't receive email for 8 hours.  Since I restarted it
this morning everything has been fine.

--
I'll be in Denver from 30 Oct 1998 to 7 Nov 1998 (or maybe a few days longer).
I'll be in London from ~9 Nov 1998.  I'd like to meet any Linux users or