Re: Slink not installable from CDs

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 10:37:07PM +0200, Bart Schuller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 05:33:12PM +0100, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> > Are we going to include "apt" in the base system? Its package
> > ordering feature (and a few others) obsoletes the other methods, but
> > currently apt doesn't work with mountable media. A "multi-cdrom-apt"
> > method should be added quick.
>
> Not multiple media, but it works perfectly with file:// urls. What do
> you mean with "mountable media"?

I mean apt can't mount a CD, NFS volume or disk partition. To use those
media with apt's dselect method, the user has to mount them before
starting dselect, and umount them after the install. It would be nice if
the user could enter "my CD is in /dev/hdc" and then the apt method do the
mounting/umounting thing automatically.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es